Sunday, August 2, 2009

16 Months and Talking . . .


I know it has been ages since I posted - I have no excuses, I guess we've just been enjoying the summer. It has been great to be home together as a family for several weeks now! Since there's no way to really catch up, I decided this post will have to just be picking up where we are now . . .

Isa just had her 16 month check up where she got more shots and measured in at 32.5 inches and 23 pounds. That puts her in the 95th percentile for height and the 55th for weight. My tall, skinny girl!

While at the doc, we were asked if she was talking - uh yeah - and how many words she knew. The doc looked incredulous when Francisco and I agreed on about 100. He believed us by the time we left as she had literally talked through the entire exam, but it got us thinking, so I started "A List of Words Isa Knows." I added to the list each day until I realized that she is learning so many knew words each day it would never be complete - but it was fun just sitting and thinking about all the cute stuff my little bit says. So here is our incomplete list of words little bit says . . .

People she knows (and calls by name)

Mama, Mommy

Dada, Daddy

Nana

Omie

Nannie

Gama

Gandada

Auntie

Jordah

Om Ilco

Emmie

Ollie

Brennan

Patty


Food and Food related

bobble or baba (bottle)

more

please

Yeah

No

all done

this

try it

milk

agua, wawa

cheese

pan (spanish for bread - not as in pots and)

rice

ice

coke (relax, she knows it only as in “mommy’s coke”)

cookie (again, she calls the granola bars she shares with daddy her “cookies”)

crack-hoh

mango

melon

fruit

banana (formerly badada and just recently learned to say to right)

meat

apple

out to eat (yes, I know)

butt (for butter - this cracks me up every time)

honey

cake

pizza (this is really just a quesadilla)


Toys and Play

Snoopy (pronounced “noopy”)

Elmo

Mickey

Minnie

Ernie (as in Bert and)

baby

bear

monkey

horse

purse (pronounced like horse with a p - “porse”)

shoes

socks (pronounced “cockth”)

duck

quack quack

neigh (horse sound)

moo

ruff ruff

doggie

frog

rock

truck

blocks

book

animal (am-all)

bug

bee

buck (bucket)

ball, balle

out

in

on

off

keys

color (this comes out “co-or”)

toys (pronounced tow-eeth much like toes (see below) but she knows the difference)

walk


Body and other Misc.

oidos (I think Javier taught her this for ears, some disagree that is it correct as it is literally “hearers”)

mouth

arm

toes (tow-eth - yes, you are correct is assuming that she has a little lisp - right now so cute, but we will stay on top of it as she gets older . . .)

eyes

nose (no-weth)

neck

bath

blankies

Poowah (pillow)

beebee (her binky)

night night

napies

again

almost

help

owwie


Some of my favorite phrases:

“Me need go Mommy”

“Yeah, let’s go buck” (let’s put the sand in the bucket - hee hee)

“Please mommy Elmo back on” (when I’ve turned off the TV after Elmo’s world - the only show she watches by the way)

“_______ goeth night night on the pooah” (insert favorite toy or person or article of clothing - everything goes night night except Isa!)


So we are captivated daily by our little bit and her cuteness . . . you can see her most recent laughing pictures here. And I will try to be better about blogging from here on out.

No comments: